Monday, February 4, 2008

Finding things, the agony of it all!

Feedster, for one, straight-up bonked when I tried to load it. If a site can't respond within twenty seconds, I have absolutely no use for it. Those sites can go kill themselves in some quiet place in the internet, just behind the old tax forms and the predictions of sporting events that were, in the end, cancelled. They can also moulder and begin to stink, leading, eventually, to a server room being taken off line for cleaning.

Topix: I found this one unfriendly, such that I could find the article/blog/whatever headline, but getting to the article itself was like picking yourself up by your own belt. If I were O'Sullivan, and able to do that, I'd smite Topix with my shilleagh (sp) and put it to rights with pure Irish old school magic. Then, "Jump Around" would play, and we'd all drink heavily and throw each other through windows. After the emergency room visit and the stitches, we'd play darts and cry, and we'd wake up with an awful headache the next day.

Syndic8: The UI (user interface) on this site blew. Reminded me of Yahoo, circa '98. Not cool. Besides, it found absolutely jack squat. Every term I put in was greeted with the old (0). I don't need cosistent empty spirals from my search tools. Those tools are thrown down poisoned wells and bricked over, just like I'll be doing to Syndic8. No bookmark for you!

Technorati: At last, something reasonably easy to use, and even pseudo-competent! Technorati wins in a landslide. Still and all, too many screens between the headline and the post/article/whatever.

No comments: